5TH EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONTEST
Urban Art Prize
Pebeo (the “Contest Organizer” or “Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT (UTC -4) on Tuesday, December 15th, 2020, and closing at 11:59 p.m. EDT (UTC-5) on Sunday, February 28th, 2021 (“Entry Period”).
Winners of the Mixed Media Urban Art contest 2021 will be announced on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 at the Fluctuart Art Center.
- The grand prize winner will receive a monetary prize of 5000 €
- The second prize winner will receive a monetary prize of 3000 €
- The third prize winner will receive a monetary prize of 2000 €
- The participant must be 18 years of age or older as of March 15th, 2021.
- A participant must be a legal resident of the United States/District of Columbia (excluding AZ, MD & TN), or a legal resident of Canada.
- Organizer, Judges and each of their respective parents, subsidiaires, affiliates, advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and children regardless of where they reside) and/or people living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All Entries submitted are the property of the Organizer. This Contest shall be void where prohibited by law or regulation, and all eligibility is subject to all federal, state/province and local laws and regulations..
- Each artist may submit one (1) original work.
- Collaborative works accepted, please include both names when registering.
- Artwork submissions must be uploaded during the Entry Period, to the contest submission form, available on Pebeo’s website (www.pebeo.com).
- Acceptable media: Any mix of Pebeo paints and mediums on canvas, board, wood, metal, plastic or acrylic (sculptures are acceptable too), using at least 1 Pebeo product.
- Work should not be larger than 36’’x 36’’x 3’’ inches and not heavier than 22 LBS (10 kg).
- The estimated value of the artwork must be lower than $ 3500 USD ($ 4600 CAD).
- The photography of the work provided in the contest submission must be high definition (300 dpi), to facilitate judging the quality of the work.
North American Finalist Selection
All submissions will be judged solely on their artistic merit determined by the Judges in their sole discretion. The decisions of the Judges are final and legally binding in all respects and are not subject to additional review.
The North American Finalist will be selected by a jury of independent professionals, as determined by the Organizer, and in its sole discretion, from the art world (“Judges”), who will judge the works from the images and information submitted via the contest submission form. At the conclusion of the Judging period one (1) Finalist from North America will join up to twenty-five (25) world-wide Finalists to determine the grand, second and third prize winners.
The chosen North American Finalist for the Mixed Media Urban Art contest 2021 will be notified by email between March 1st, 2021 and March 15th, 2021.
If you have not heard from Pebeo by March 16th, 2021 please assume that you have not been selected as the North American finalist for the Mixed Media Urban Art Contest 2021.
To be declared the North American Finalist for the Mixed Media Urban Art contest 2021, the selected participant must:
- Be reached by email within three (3) days (72 hours) following the email sent out to notify the Finalist. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the Contest Organizer during this period of three (3) days will be disqualified;.
- Prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (Country of residence, etc.). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
- Accept the conditions of consent and permission to use the photo of his/her work of art. A contract will be sent to the winners for signature, following the selection of their artwork.
- Agree to send the Finalist artwork to Pebeo offices in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada within an agreed upon timeframe so that the Pebeo team in Sherbrooke can then send it to Pebeo offices in Gémenos, France.
Participate - Canada & United States -