A RESIN MOBILE
"Create a light, transparent mobile with Gédéo crystal resin. It's a good opportunity to try your hand at making personalised silicon moulds!"
- Difficulté : Difficult
- Time to make: 2 hours to make the moulds / 1 hour to cast the resin / 2 days for the resin to dry / 1⁄2 hour to assemble the mobile
- On the cardboard, draw the geode shapes with a pencil and then cut them out with the cutter.
- Sand them to make sure that the edges are even. Pierce a 2 mm hole at the top and bottom of each shape with the hole punch.
- Place the tarp over your workspace.
- Mix the two Siligum components in a 1:1 ratio until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Roll the mixture out to an even thickness of about 6 or 7 mm.
- Press the cardboard templates down into the mixture until they are flush with the surface, leaving a thickness of about 1 to 2 mm below each template.
- Make sure that the Siligum comes up into the pierced holes.
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes and then carefully remove the cardboard shapes. Be careful with any excess which may have formed around the holes in the cardboard.
- Put on your protective gloves.
- In a glass jar, prepare a colourless resin by mixing two parts resin and one part hardener with a spatula.
- Divide the colourless resin into small jars ready to dye it with different colours: Add one or two drops of Fluid Pigment to each jar (depending on the colour intensity you would like to achieve) and mix well to unify the resin.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until the bubbles have disappeared.
- Make sure the Siligum moulds are flat and pour the resin into them.
- Distribute different colours within the same mould by pouring them in one after the other.
- Let the resin take its own place and the different colours will blend together.
- You can use a small stick to help blend two colours or even create patterns.
- Add more resin if necessary to completely fill the moulds.
- Leave to dry flat in a dust-free environment for 48 hours (or until the resin has hardened).
- Unmould the shapes. If necessary, trim them with the cutter to ensure that the borders are uniform.
- Lay your mobile out flat and line the shapes up, one above the other, until you are happy with the layout.
- Cut out short pieces of metal wire and assemble the shapes by passing the metal wire through the bottom hole of one shape and the top hole of the next shape.
- Twist the metal wire at the back to hold the two shapes together. Do the same with the rest of the shapes.
- Then thread a thin thread through the top to hang the mobile.
- At the bottom, you could add pearls, or a tassel attached with metallic thread to add the finishing touch to your mobile.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about Pebeo news To find out more about the management of your personal data and to exercise your rights, click here