A resin cloud brooch
Make a brooch in the shape of a cloud using the Pébéo resin kit and siligum.
Gédéo Crystal Resin kit
- Fluid Pigment colour blue 67 / white 65
- Silver glitter powder
- A cloud pattern in a suitable size for a brooch
- A swallow design and some glitter stars
- A pin and glue (for use with resin and metal)
- Grey cardboard of 4 mm thickness
- A pencil, a cutter, a piece of fine sandpaper
- A small rolling pin
- A glass beaker, toothpicks
- Plastic protective sheet
- difficulty: Medium
- Time required: 2 hours to make the mould / ½ hour to pour the resin / 6 hours to set the first layer of resin / ½ hour to pattern with Fluid Pigment / 48 hours to set / ½ hour to pour the second layer / total setting of the resin: at least 48 hours
Protect the table with the plastic sheet.
- Start by making the mould:
- On the cardboard, draw the shape of a cloud with a pencil and then cut it out with the cutter.
- Sand it to make sure that the edges are even.
- Mix the two Siligum components in a 1:1
ratio until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Roll the mixture out to an even thickness of about 6 or 7 mm. Press the cardboard cloud template down into the mixture until it is flush with the surface, leaving a thickness of about 1 to 2 mm below each template.
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes and then carefully remove the cardboard cloud. If necessary, gently remove any small irregularities from the edge of the mould using a cutter.
Put on your protective gloves.
- In a glass jar, prepare an opalescent resin: use a spatula to mix two parts of resin and one part of hardener, then add a touch of white and blue Fluid Pigment to create a milky white. Mix well to unify the resin. Let sit for 5 minutes until the bubbles have disappeared.
- Make sure that the Siligum mould is flat, and pour the resin up to half the height of the mould (about 2 mm).
- Help the resin to settle by gently tapping the mould.
- Leave to set for 6 hours.
- When the resin has thickened but has not yet fully set, draw spirals using a toothpick and the white and blue Pigment Fluid.
- Leave to dry flat in a dust-free environment for 48 hours (or until the resin has hardened).
Prepare a transparent resin into which you will pour your silver glitter powder. Let sit for 5 minutes until the bubbles have disappeared.
- Place the swallow and the stars on the surface of the resin, then cover with the transparent resin up to the edge of the mould. If the elements have moved at all, you can push them back into place by gently pushing them with the tip of a stick, making sure that the layer of transparent resin covers the entire surface of the cloud.
- Leave to dry for at least 48 hours (or until the resin has fully hardened).
Unmould the cloud. If necessary, trim it with the cutter to ensure that the borders are uniform.
Glue the brooch pin to the back following the instructions on the packet.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about Pebeo news To find out more about the management of your personal data and to exercise your rights, click here