Christmas tree candle holders
Use our non-firing clay to create fir tree candle holders to add warmth and magic to the atmosphere of your home!
- White non-firing clay
- Modelling tools
- Decospray in white (matt)
- Ceramic paint in white (gloss)
- Rolling pin
- Straws, beads, tubes of different diameters
- Cardboard or paper cones
- White spirit
Difficulty level :
- Time to make (excluding drying time): 4 hours
- Make several cone templates of varying sizes.
- Roll out the clay to an even thickness using a rolling pin.
- Arrange the paper templates on top and cut out them out of the clay.
- Make holes of different sizes using your round objects (straws, beads, etc.).
- Wrap each clay cut-out around a cone of corresponding size, to give it the perfect Christmas tree shape.
- Cut the clay overflow off and use the modelling tools to close each cone.
- Smooth the shapes using water.
- Leave to dry for four days.
- Paint half of the trees with white ceramic paint (apply 2 coats and wait 2 hours between each coat and a further 10 hours for them to dry completely).
- Paint the other half of the cones with the white Decospray paint, leaving them to dry for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Place a tea light candle (preferably a battery-powered electric candle) below each tree or even LED fairy lights.