" Use our kit to create your own candles, alternating colours and shapes."
- Make your own candles' kit
- A glass in which to make the candle A saucepan
- Small glass jars (one per colour)
- Sticks for mixing the wax
- A knife
- A thin stick and Scotch tape
- A bag filled with sand (to use as a wedge)
Difficulty level :
Time to make: 2 hours + time for the wax to cool completely (overnight)
- Melt a little wax inside a beaker in a bain-marie.
- Secure the thin stick in place horizontally across the glass using the Scotch tape.
- Dip the wick's metallic support into the melted wax then stick it to the bottom of the glass in the centre.
- Let the wax set then secure the wick so that it is taut and well centred, securing it to the stick with some Scotch.
- This way, the wick will remain in place while you are creating.
- With the knife, scrape small chunks off the dye stick and add the shavings to the beaker of melted wax.
- The wax thins out as it cools, and it will set faster when you use more of the dye.
- Mix thoroughly with a stick to evenly distribute the colour.
- Add two drops of essential oil and mix again.
- Wedge the glass at an angle, propping it up against the sandbag: the angle will give shape to the first colour layer of wax.
- Pour the wax and leave it to set for about 20 minutes.
- When the wax has set but is still flexible, prepare the second wax colour in the same way as before.
- Change the angle of the glass and pour the next layer of wax.
- Then, change the angle again and do the same with your third colour
- For the final wax colour, straighten the glass so that you can fill it up evenly to 1 cm from the top.
- Leave it to set and cool completely overnight. Cut the tip of wick down to 1 cm before lighting it.