WOODEN CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
For an authentic and natural-looking Christmas tree, create these wooden decorations and try out the relief drawing technique.
- Several small wooden Christmas toys
- Metallic acrylic colours: gold, silver and white
- 3 Fantasy Prisme colours or more of your choice
- 3 Fantasy Moon colours or more of your choice
- Cerne Relief 1-2 metallic and white
- A no. 10 flat brush
- Wooden sticks and plastic pipettes
- Glazing (or Crystal) Resin
- Prepare the surface. Apply acrylic paint to 2 sides (front/back) and the edges, making sure that the wood is fully covered. Allow to dry for 20-30 minutes. (you can do your drawing by pencil well in advance)
- Apply the relief lines to the design and the edges using Cerne Relief gold, silver or white. Allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- Make sure to mix the Prisme or Moon colours well using a stick before applying them.
- Gently apply the paint using the wooden stick according to the design and the effects you want. Allow to dry for 72 hours, away from dust.
- Final decoration. Volume and depth effect. Prepare the resin according to the instruction on the box.
- Gently apply the resin using a plastic pipette. Allow to dry for 24 hours, away from dust.