"Create a pretty silk scarf with a colour chart design and subtle and delicate colours."
- Complete Setasilk kit
- Silk scarf 55 x 55 cm
- A no. 10 round brush
- A frame for stretching the silk
- Pins to stretch the silk over the frame
- Drying time: 2 hours for the gutta and 30 min for the silk painting
- Time to make: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Difficulty: medium – from 12 years old and up
- Gently wash the silk scarf to remove any treatment and leave it to dry. Iron. Stretch it over the frame by fixing it in place with the pins.
- Download the pattern and print it
4 times. Assemble the boards.
- Place these pattern boards under the silk scarf and iron the circles and labels with the colourless gutta which comes with the Setacolor kit.
- Gently add the corresponding number inside each label, or you could even try writing them out in full if you're confident! Leave the gutta to dry for about 2 hours.
- Start by painting all the labels in silver gray using the round brush.
Then paint each circle following a colour chart:
Circle N°1: primary yellow
Circle N°2: primary yellow + mandarin
Circle N°3: mandarin
Circle N°4: mandarin + magenta
Circle N°5: magenta
Circle N°6: magenta + raspberry
Circle N°7: raspberry
Circle N°8: raspberry + iris
Circle N°9: iris
Circle N°10: iris + cyan
Circle N°11: cyan
Circle N°12: cyan + gitane blue
Circle N°13: gitane blue
Circle N°14: gitane blue + turquoise
Circle N°15: turquoise
Circle N°16: turquoise + primary yellow
Leave to dry for 30 minutes, then iron on the other side for five minutes using the cotton setting with no steam.
- Rinse under water to remove the gutta. Leave to dry and iron again.