CANDLE DECORATED WITH DRIED FLOWERS
"Discover how to make a candle decorated with dried flowers using the Gédéo range"
- Prepare a bain-marie to melt the wax pellets in the jar.
- Once the wax has melted, grate a little green colouring on a sheet of paper (warning, it stains!) and add a pinch into the liquid wax.
- Mix well with the spoon to distribute the colour.
- Stick the wicks to the bottom of the ramekin by quickly dipping the metal tab in the molten wax.
- Spread the flowers around the ramekin to prepare your composition: arrange the colours and shapes, cut stems of 1 or 2 cm.
- Then pour the coloured wax up to 1 centimetre from the top of the ramekin
- Wait a few minutes for the wax to set a little, but before it sets, put the flowers into place.
- Press the stems into the wax near the edge of the ramekin, then sprinkle petals.
- Apply a little pressure using your finger to enable them to set in the wax.
- Let the candle fully cool
Level of Difficulty:
Drying time: Several hours
Time of realization : 30min
- Candle wax, 2 or 3 wicks depending on the size of the container, candle colouring
- a pretty bowl or ramekin into which to pour the candle
- A saucepan, glass jar, spoon, knife,
- dried flowers