Painting a leather pouch
How to customize a leather pouch with a trendy and colourful pattern
- Leather pouch
- Paints and markers from the SETACOLOR Leather range!
- Use your degreaser to prepare the leather. Pour a little degreaser on a clean piece of paper and wipe it across the part of the pouch that you are going to paint. If a bit of color from the leather comes off on the paper, don't worry! You will see that the pouch's appearance will not change.
- With a SETACOLOR leather marker, outline the shapes to be painted on the leather.
Start by applying a thin first layer of each color on your pouch. Wait for it to dry completely before applying the second coat. Use a hair dryer to dry it quicker, as needed.
Apply a second and third thin coat as needed until the finish is quite opaque. Allow the paint to dry between each coat.
You can add one color over another (with markers or paint) to add detail. I decided to use the marker to add small dots on one side of my pouch and sparkles on the other (see next step)
The sparkles in the range add an even more fun side to your creation! You can apply them to the pouch directly or on another paint colour. I put gold sparkles in two thin layers directly on the gold-en heart which had dried beforehand. This creates a super opaque sparkly look that I really like.
- If you wish, you can varnish your product with a matte or glossy varnish. Wait 24 hours before ap-plying varnish.
- You will also find several tutorials on our site for customizing accessories, sneakers or leather jack-ets.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about Pebeo news To find out more about the management of your personal data and to exercise your rights, click here