Clay gift tags
beautiful clay gift tags inspired by retro labels.
- white non-firing clay
- modelling tools (roller, toothpick, knife)
- round cookie cutters or glasses of varying diameters
- fine sandpaper
- Skrib acrylic markers
- pretty ribbons
Level of difficulty :
Drying time: 48 hours
- Time to make: 2 hours for 7 gift tags
- Difficulty: medium - age 7 and up with the help of an adult
- Roll out the clay to about 2 mm in thickness.
- Cut out circles, squares and rectangles using cookie cutters and the knife.
- Pierce a small hole at the top of each shape, so you can hang it later. If needed, smooth and round the angles with your finger and a little water.
- Leave everything to dry for 2 or 3 days.
- If necessary, sand your tags with the fine sandpaper once they have completely dried.
Inspired by the photos of the labels we've made, draw ornaments on each piece: a plant crown, monograms, knots... You can draw them with a pencil before going over them with the acrylic Skrib markers.
- Slip a ribbon through the hole in each label.
personalise your labels with the name of your gift's recipient, you have
- Write their name in the centre using the acrylic Skrib marker.
- Stick a sticky label in the centre of your tag - this way, the person can remove the sticker and keep the tag as an ornament.
- Write your message on the back of the tag with a thin pen.
All that remains is to hang these pretty tags on your gifts! You can also use them as a decoration for your Christmas tree.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about Pebeo news To find out more about the management of your personal data and to exercise your rights, click here