"Create a fully customised hanging pot for your plants with our no-bake white clay"
- Cut a thick piece of WHITE NON-FIRING CLAY
roll it into a ball and knead it before rolling it out thinly using the rolling pin between the two fine sticks, which will serve as a guide for the required thickness: the rolled-out clay should measure about 5 mm thick.
- Place the rolled-out piece of clay at the bottom of the bowl and form it to the shape of the bowl.
- Smooth off the excess clay so that it is the correct size.
- Then wet your hands to smooth the piece and press the clay into the bottom of the bowl.
- !! BE CAREFUL that there is no air trapped between the bowl and the piece of clay!!
- With a round stick, make 3 holes 1 cm from the top of the bowl (to hang the pot.)
- Let dry away from dust and away from any heat source so that the clay does not crack.
When the clay bowl starts to come away from the bowl that was used as a template, remove your clay bowl.
- Sand gently to remove any roughness both inside and out and dust off with a sponge.
- With the flat brush, coat the inside of the bowl with a layer of WATERPROOFING VARNISH FOR NON-FIRING CLAY.
- Leave it to dry.
- Paint your desired patterns with Glossy DECO paint and the thin flat brush: start with the background colours and then add your finishing touches with contrasting colours.
- Let dry between each coat of paint, and apply a second coat of each colour as necessary.
- Extend the base colours to the interior, down to at least 2
cm below the rim.
THE FLOWERPOT DOES NOT HAVE DRAINAGE HOLES, SO ONLY USE IT FOR CACTUS PLANTS OR SUCCULENTS WHICH DO NOT NEED FREQUENT WATERING
- WHITE NON-FIRING CLAY
- Pearlescent DECO paint: 107 lilac / 112 blue / 104 mist
- Matt DECO paint: 041 white
- A small soft flat brush
- Different sized starfish templates cut out of thick paper Pieces of driftwood
- A knife and a cutter
- A rolling pin and 2 thin sticks
- A fine pointed stick (or toothpick) and a thick stick Flax string
- Skeins of embroidery thread in a range of pearlescent colours